Dishonest Trump Administration Will Not Release Visitor Logs

9:00am

As usual the clown Trump is a liar and a hypocrite, because Trump criticized the Obama administration for a lack of transparency. The Washington Post reported that the Trump administration will not make its records of visitors to the White House available to the public.

The decision is a departure from the Obama administration, which did release the logs. Michael Dubke, the White House communications director, said that the White House’s decision was made out of concern for national security and privacy, and to protect President Donald Trump’s ability to discreetly seek counsel.

Citing “the grave national security risks and privacy concerns of the hundreds of thousands of visitors annually,” the White House said in a statement that it would “disclose Secret Service logs as outlined under the Freedom of Information Act.”

The logs will remain private until five years after Trump leaves office.

The White House says it will honor public information requests to parts of the White House legally classified as agencies, such as the Office of Management and Budget.

Trump has faced numerous questions about potential conflicts of interest after refusing to release his tax returns. Trump, who as a candidate pledged to “drain the swamp” of Washington insiders, had previously accused then-President Barack Obama of a lack of transparency.

And now Trump is not only not draining the swamp, he is making the swamp bigger.

White House officials said they expect criticism of the new policy, but believe it is necessary to preserve the ability of the president to seek advice from whomever he wants, with some discretion.

Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.) sharply criticized the news on Friday.

“Once again, the Trump White House is stonewalling information that Congress and the American people have a right to see.”

Faiz Shakir, national political director of the ACLU, said in a statement that “the only reasonable conclusion is to believe the Trump administration has many things it is trying to hide.”

Noah Bookbinder, executive director of the group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said his group would fight the Trump administration in court to release the records.

“It’s disappointing that the man who promised to drain the swamp just took a massive step away from transparency by refusing the release the White House visitor logs that the American people have grown accustomed to accessing over the last six years and that provide indispensable information about who is seeking to influence the president,” Bookbinder said in a statement.

“This week, we sued the Trump administration to make sure they would release the logs. It looks like we’ll see them in court.”

And of course O’Reilly and all of Fox News are silent about it, even though they slammed Obama for not making them public as fast as they wanted them to, and Obama eventually did make them public. O’Reilly even said the American people deserve to see who is going into the people’s White House, when Obama was in office, but under Trump he says nothing.

Notice a different person hosting the Factor every night, it’s like they are looking to see who gets the highest ratings, and that will most likely be the new host if O’Reilly gets fired. And right now, Bolling is winning with 3.111 million viewers.