GOP Ready To Give Up And Pull The Plug On Trump’s Dying Campaign

The RNC is holding members-only call tomorrow, where it is possible that they will raise the white flag on the presidential race by cutting off Donald Trump.

Politico reported on an RNC members only call that is taking place on Wednesday:

The RNC chairman last held a nationwide conference call two weeks ago, shortly after damaging revelations emerged that Donald Trump, in 2005, had bragged about sexually assaulting women. During that call, Priebus informed members that the committee would be standing by its besieged presidential nominee, despite a flurry of rumors to the contrary.

The committee is continuing to pour resources into Trump’s presidential bid, even as his poll numbers crater and GOP strategists worry about maintaining the party’s congressional majorities.

The logical conclusion to be drawn from the timing of this call, which was described as a political update, is that Priebus is going to announce that the Republican Party is finally taking the Trump campaign off of life support and redirecting their dwindling resources toward saving endangered Republican Senators.

Priebus wouldn’t be holding a private call with RNC members only if the news was good.

The RNC has continued to fund Trump’s campaign activities even after the Access Hollywood tape was released and the GOP nominee got trounced in the final two presidential debates.

Donald Trump doesn’t have a campaign operation of his own. He is dependent on the RNC for everything from rally organization to get out the vote efforts. Trump has no data operation, no real advertising operation, and no grassroots organization.

If the RNC cuts off Trump, the Republican Party will be effectively conceding the White House to Hillary Clinton.

The Republican Party appears to be finally be getting the message that funding Trump’s campaign is a waste of time and money.


Top Hispanic Republican In Texas Says He Will Vote For Clinton

From the Texas Tribune:

A leading Hispanic Republican in Texas says he has decided to vote for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Lionel Sosa, a veteran ad maker from San Antonio, told The Texas Tribune on Monday he will cast his ballot for Clinton to send a clear statement against Republican nominee Donald Trump’s candidacy.

“I want to make sure that I do everything I can to see that Trump doesn’t get elected,” said Sosa, who has worked for Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush. “I’m doing this because I don’t think he’s a good representative of the Republican Party. It’s not the Republican Party I know.”

Sosa announced in June that he was leaving the GOP over Trump, writing in a San Antonio Express-News op-ed that Trump’s divisive candidacy left him with no choice. Two months later, Sosa joined the campaign of Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson, though Sosa said Monday that move did not amount to a strong enough rebuke of Trump.

“If I vote for Gary Johnson, it’s not enough of a statement,” said Sosa, who had been helping Johnson on a volunteer basis. “I must make a statement that Donald Trump cannot win.”