O'Reilly Caught Lying About Limbaugh Racism
By: Steve - October 17, 2009 - 9:30am
As I have reported in my blog, O'Reilly said the only racism he could find on Limbaugh, is that he said Donovan McNabb is overrated by some people who want black quarterbacks to succeed. Which is not exactly what Limbaugh said, and it downplays what he really said. Limbaugh said the MEDIA makes McNabb out to be a great quarterback only because he is black, and that he is not a very good quarterback.
Which is a total lie, and a racist statement, because McNabb is a great quarterback, so Limbaugh was wrong, and he made a racist statement about it. But of course O'Reilly downplayed it because he is a Republican just like Limbaugh.
Here is exactly what O'Reilly said, From the October 15, 2009 O'Reilly Factor:
O'REILLY: So what's the evidence that Limbaugh is a race-baiter? We investigated the statements that are being tossed about. The first one allegedly has Mr. Limbaugh praising James Earl Ray, convicted of assassinating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. There's no evidence that Rush Limbaugh ever did that. The accusation comes from a far-left guy named Jack Huberman, who provided no evidence to back up the claim.
O'Reilly also said this:
Huberman is also the source for Limbaugh's alleged quote saying slavery was not entirely bad. Again, Huberman provided no backup. The allegation was also published on Wikipedia without any sourcing whatsoever. Mr. Limbaugh denies making both comments.
Finally, a Kansas City Star columnist named James Fussell quoted Limbaugh as saying bad things about the NAACP. The quote came from a newsletter called "Flush Rush." But so far, there's no confirmation the disparaging remarks, again, were ever made.
So what we have here are accusations without merit. But in our hypermedia age, that's enough to paint someone as a racist.
Fair-minded Americans know that playing the race card is easy and hateful. The only thing we can find about Rush Limbaugh is that he thinks quarterback Donovan McNabb is overrated by some people who want black quarterbacks to succeed. Mr. McNabb resented the remark, as he should have. He's a good player, and his color has nothing to do with his performance. I think Limbaugh made a mistake with that analysis.
But that doesn't make him a racist and should not disqualify him from owning part of a team. We've got to stop the racial witch-hunting in America.
O'REILLY: We have the best research staff in the business, the best. There is nobody better at researching than The Factor.
Okay, so according to O'Reilly he has the best research staff in the business, and the only racist statement they could find by Rush Limbaugh is the statement he made about Donovan McNabb. Wow is that a flat out 100% lie, just read this.
Media Matters has documented 28 examples of Limbaugh making racially charged remarks:
1) "We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."
2) "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy."
3) "In Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering."
4) "Obama's entire economic program is reparations."
5) Obama is "more African in his roots than he is American" and is "behaving like an African colonial despot."
6) Obama is a "Halfrican-American."
7) "Obama has disowned his white half ... he's decided he's got to go all in on the black side."
8) Sotomayor "a reverse racist" appointed by Obama, "the greatest living example of a reverse racist."
9) Obama "wants us to have the same health care and plan that he had in Kenya" and "wants to be the black FDR."
10) Latching onto LA Times op-ed, Limbaugh sings "Barack, The Magic Negro."
11) "God does not have a birth certificate. Neither does Obama"; Obama "has yet to prove he's a citizen."
12) Limbaugh on Gates controversy: "Here you have a black president trying to destroy a white policeman."
13) Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he'd known they were "actually young, black Muslim teenagers."
14) Limbaugh suggests Democrats, media believe "you can't criticize the little black man-child."
15) "The government's been taking care of [young blacks] their whole lives."
16) "The days of [minorities] not having any power are over, and they are angry."
17) "Minorities never do anything for which they have to apologize."
18) Limbaugh: "The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well."
19) Limbaugh says "NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips."
20) Limbaugh declares basketball "the favorite sport of gangs."
21) Limbaugh invented "racial component" to Hackett's decision to withdraw from Ohio primary race.
22) Limbaugh on Survivor series: "African-American tribe" worst swimmers, Hispanics "will do things other people won't do."
23) Limbaugh suggested Colin Powell only supported Obama because of race.
24) Limbaugh: Gates is an "angry racist."
25) Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an "invasive species."
26) Limbaugh repeatedly calls Native Americans "Injuns."
27) Limbaugh says Democrats' interest in Darfur is securing black "voting bloc."
28) Limbaugh says that if "feminazis" had remembered to oppose "affirmative action for black guys ... they wouldn't face the situation they face today."
Hey Billy, your crack research staff is a fricking joke, and so are you. It's clear that you are a liar, and that you simply lied for your right-wing friend Rush Limbaugh, instead of reporting the facts, proving that you are a lying right-wing fraud of a journalist.
Here is what O'Reilly did, and remember this is the guy who claims to be a nonpartisan independent who is fair and balanced in the no spin zone. There are 28 to 35 examples of racism from Limbaugh, at least 28 of them have been documented. So what O'Reilly did was only discuss the 3 examples that have not been documented, while ignoring the other 28 that have, then he claimed it proves Limbaugh is not a racist, because he could not prove the 3 examples he used were true. Which is insanity, and only a biased partisan fool would try a trick like that.
And btw, those are 28 documented examples of racism from Limbaugh, it's a fact that Limbaugh said them, and you ignored them all. But not only did you ignore them, you said you and your staff could only find one example of racism by Rush Limbaugh. Which makes you a partisan right-wing joke with no credibility. And then look who O'Reilly is lying for, Rush Fricking Limbaugh, the most far right nut-job in America. That alone proves O'Reilly is a Republican stooge, because only other far right Republicans are defending Rush, let alone lying for him.
To read the O'Reilly Sucks blog, and get more information about
Bill O'Reilly make sure to visit the home page: www.oreilly-sucks.com
"We are the pioneers in providing 640-816 and 1z0-050 exams with 100% exam pass guarantee. Download our latest 000-087 and pcat practice test to pass real exam of gre classes.