||O'Reilly Nazi Comparison Hypocrisy
By: Steve - October 27, 2010 - 8:30am
Think back to the Bush years, any time a liberal compared Bush to Hitler O'Reilly did a segment on it and slammed them for using Nazi and Hitler comparisons. Billy said it was wrong, and he said nobody should use Nazi comparisons, he even called on people to stop with the Hitler comparisons.
And as usual O'Reilly does not even follow his own rules, because since then he has used many Nazi comparisons to liberals. Here are some documented examples of the O'Reilly hypocrisy. And btw folks, some of the Nazi comparisons from O'Reilly happened while Bush was still in office, as he was calling for everyone to stop with the Nazi comparisons, he was doing it himself.
1) On the June 14, 2004 O'Reilly Factor, Bill O'Reilly compared both Michael Moore and Al Franken to Goebbels. O'Reilly also compared a group of Hollywood celebrities who attended a premiere of Moore's film Fahrenheit 9/11 to "the people who would turn out to see Josef Goebbels convince you that Poland invaded the Third Reich."
2) On the July 28, 2004 O'Reilly Factor, Bill O'Reilly said that Michael Moore "has more power than probably anybody else other than Senators John Kerry and John Edwards," adding that Moore's purported power was scary because "this happened in Nazi Germany." O'Reilly went on to ask: "Who was the most powerful person in Nazi Germany other than Hitler and Himmler and Goering, Goebbels. The propaganda minister."
3) On the July 16, 2007 O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly said that the Daily Kos is "like the Ku Klux Klan. It's like the Nazi party. There's no difference here." A day later, O'Reilly said "That website traffics in hate, as do the Nazi websites. No difference."
4) On July 19, 2007, O'Reilly said of Daily Kos: "The hate this website traffics in rivals the KKK and Nazi websites."
5) On the December 13, 2007 O'Reilly Factor, Jane Hall said that comments made by actor Tim Robbins while campaigning for John Edwards were "valid." In response, Bill O'Reilly said, " But Von Ribbentrop in the Nazi hierarchy made valid points too, Jane."
6) On The March 5, 2008 O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly said this: "And I said that these tactics that are being used on this website, The Huffington Post, are the same exact tactics that the Nazis used in the late '20s and early '30s to demonize certain groups of people, so it would become easier for them, the Nazis, when they took power, to hurt those people." 7) On February 27, 2008 O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly said that "I don't see any difference between Arianna Huffington and the Nazis. ... I don't see any difference."
8) In his July 16, 2009, syndicated column, O'Reilly wrote that "The far left is trying to create a huge federal apparatus that will promote income redistribution and social justice. Under the guise of hard news reporting, the media is pushing rank propaganda on the citizenry. Dr. Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi propaganda minister, successfully developed this tactic in the 1930's."
9) On the March 2, 2010 O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly said liberals who support gun control are "today's totalitarians," adding that in the past people like "Hitler and Mussolini" held such positions in favor of "state control."
So once again you can see that O'Reilly is a massive hypocrite with double standards, who does not even follow his own rules, and who does exactly what he says not to do, as he is doing it himself.