The 2009 O'Reilly Factor Year In Review
By: Steve - January 1, 2010 - 9:00am
It's December 31st and another year of the O'Reilly Factor is over. As I think back on the year I noticed a few things that I will comment on.
1) The Factor is billed as a fair and balanced no spin zone, with Bill O'Reilly, who claims to be a nonpartisan independent who is fair to both sides, and who (he claims) has been fair to President Obama. All of that is a flat out 100% lie, and it's clear that Bill O'Reilly is a biased, spinning, lying, unfair, right-wing hack of a pretend journalist.
O'Reilly and all his fill in hosts even open the show saying "caution you are about to enter the no spin zone." Which is just ridiculous, because it is about 95% right-wing spin, from 95% right-wing guests. And it is clear that O'Reilly is a Republican, even though he claims to be a nonpartisan independent. Which means he is a liar, who can not even be honest about his political ideology.
Whether you are a liberal or a conservative, a Democrat or a Republican, an Independent or a Libertarian, if you watch the Factor and you are honest with yourself, you will see (and admit) that Bill O'Reilly is a die-hard Republican who supports 95% of the Republican issues, and agrees with the Republicans at least 95% of the time.
That is not just my opinion, it's a fact. I watch the Factor every single night, 5 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year, and I have done so for almost 9 years now. If you look at the topics discussed, the guest list, what side they take, and the non-stop attacks on President Obama and every Democrat is America, it's clear O'Reilly is a biased Republican, who puts his right-wing spin on every issue he reports on with the 95% Republican guests he has on.
2) In May of 2009 I started counting the Republican and Democratic guests each night, then I published the total for each month. For that 8 months the Factor averaged 5.6 to 7.8 Republican guests per show, while only averaging 1.2 to 1.7 Democratic guests per show. Even though O'Reilly said he personally makes sure the Factor had a balanced guest list each week. Here is the actual quote from O'Reilly, these are his words, and it is a 100% lie.
O'REILLY: I make sure, personally make sure, that throughout the week we have equal representation of conservative, liberal, Democrat, Republican. OK, I mean, if you have been watching the show I've been doing this now into our thirteenth year, and we have voices, and they're equal.3) Let's look at the Factor fill in hosts, and the guests who are weekly regulars. Laura (far right) Ingraham is the regular Factor fill in, and she is a known far right conservative spin doctor. But Monica Crowley and Eric Bolling have also filled in for O'Reilly, all far-right Republicans.
Let's take a look at the regulars who appear on the Factor. Notice that almost every one of them is a Republican, including O'Reilly.
1) Dick Morris - (Republican)
2) Karl Rove - (Republican)
3) Laura Ingraham - (Republican)
4) Newt Gingrich - (Republican)
5) Bernie Goldberg - (Republican)
6) Monica Crowley - (Republican)
7) Gretchen Carlson - (Republican)
8) Margaret Hoover - (Republican)
9) Lis Wiehl - (Republican)
10) Megyn Kelly - (Republican)
11) Kimberly Guilfoyle - (Republican)
12) Jane Skinner - (Republican)
13) Dennis Miller - (Republican)
14) Juliet Huddy - (Republican)
15) Amanda Carpenter - (Republican)
16) Greg Gutfeld - (Republican)
17) Steve Doocy - (Republican)
18) Martha MacCallum - (Republican)
19) Juan Williams - (Republican)
20) Mary K. Ham - (Republican)
21) Brit Hume - (Republican)
22) Ann Coulter - (Republican)
23) Glenn Beck - (Republican)
24) Neil Cavuto - (Republican)
25) Geraldo Rivera - (Republican)
26) Col. Ralph Peters - (Republican)
27) Col. David Hunt - (Republican)
28) Bill O'Reilly - (Republican)
1) Alan Colmes - (Democrat)
2) Ellis Henican - (Democrat)
3) Leslie Marshall - (Democrat)
4) Dr. Marc Lamont Hill (Democrat)
Is 28 to 4 fair and balanced, I don't think so. And btw, Fox News has 2 or 3 other Democrats that work for them, like General Wesley Clark and Bob Beckel, but they never get on the Factor. Wesley Clark is a Fox News Military analyst, but O'Reilly never has him on, except maybe once a year. While the far-right Military analysts Col. Ralph Peters and ol. David Hunt are on at least once or twice a month, if not more.
4) The regular Factor political analysts are all Republicans, and not moderate Republicans, they are far-right Republicans. Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich, Laura Ingraham, Dick Morris, Brit Hume, Monica Crowley, Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter, etc. The only regular Democratic Factor political analyst who gets on once a week is Alan Colmes. And he is always put on with Monica Crowley, so he does not even get his own segment, he has to share it with the far-right Monica Crowley in the Barack & A Hard Place segment.
All the other regulars are Republicans:
The Factor media analyst is the far-right Bernie Goldberg, no Democratic media analyst.
The two Factor culture warriors are the Republicans Margaret Hoover and Gretchen Carlson, no Democratic culture warrior.
The two Factor legal experts that do the is it legal segment are Republicans Lis Wiehl and Kimberly Guilfoyle, no Democratic legal experts.
The two Factor Dumbest Thing Of The Week regulars are Republicans Greg Gutfeld and Juliet Huddy, no Democrats.
The two Factor Culture/News Quiz takers are Republicans Steve Doocy and Martha MacCallum, no Democratic quiz takers.
The Factor body language expert is the Republican Tonya Reiman, no Democratic body language expert.
The Factor comedian is the Republican Dennis Miller, no Democratic comedian.
Megyn Kelly and Jane Skinner are also two Republicans that have their own weekly segments, while no Democrats get their own weekly segment.
5) The right-wing all spin zone. I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. The Factor is basically a biased, one sided, right-wing spin zone. With Bill O'Reilly leading the charge, he puts his right-wing spin on every issue he reports on. Then he has 95% right-wing guests on to agree with him. This is done to reinforce what O'Reilly says as being the truth. Because if most of the guests agree with him you get the impression he is always right.
This is done on purpose, it's called brainwashing and propaganda. The old line if you lie often enough, pretty soon people will believe it fits here. It's the one lies and the other one swears to it routine. O'Reilly has 6 to 8 Republicans per show, while only having 1.2 to 1.7 Democrats per show.
Then O'Reilly claims that is a balanced guest list, which is just laughable. Not to mention a lot of shows have 7 or 8 Republican guests and 0 Democrats, none. But you never see any Factor show that has 7 or 8 Democrats and 0 Republicans, ever, not one time in the history of the show. It's all Republican spin all the time, with almost all right-wing guests.
It's basically a non-stop attack on President Obama and every Democrat in America. O'Reilly uses all the Republican guests to do most of his dirty work for him. That is why so many Republicans are put on the show. So he can have them attack and smear Obama and the Democrats, while mostly not getting his hands dirty. But O'Reilly also does some of the dirty work, with his own right-wing bias. Then Billy claims he is fair to Obama because maybe 1% of the time he says something good about him, while attacking everything Obama does the other 99% of the time.
To claim that is a fair and balanced no spin zone tv news show, hosted by a nonpartisan independent, is beyond laughable. It's a 100%, flat out, total lie. If you are an honest person, and you have any integrity at all, you have to see that the O'Reilly Factor is nothing but a right-wing propaganda show.
If you deny that, you deny reality. Read what I just wrote and show me one thing that is not 100% accurate. If you have a Republican host, who sides with Republicans 98% of the time, then 95% of your guests, and all your regulars are Republicans, it's pretty clear you have a Republican bias. The bias, the double standards, the right-wing spin, the lies, and the hypocrisy from O'Reilly and his mostly Republican guests is stunning. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.
In closing, think about this. If O'Reilly tells all these lies about being a nonpartisan independent, having a no spin zone, and being fair to President Obama, how can you believe anything he says. The entire Factor show is a lie, it's almost all right-wing propaganda, and O'Reilly should be getting his paycheck from the RNC, because the show is pretty much the same as a paid Republican party campaign ad. It's all right-wing spin, all the time, and that is a fact.