7-14-09 -- Last night O'Reilly was crying like the little right-wing baby he is, about the military flyover being denied for the God and Country festival. The flyover was denied because they are a religious group, but O'Reilly argued that the festival had nothing to do with religion. Which is just insane, he even told crazy Laura Ingraham that he won the debate over it, and kicked the 2 liberals butts that told him it was denied for religious reasons.
O'REILLY: The president is a secular leader and that message has been well received in Washington. For example, for more than 40 years the Air Force has flown over the 'God and Country Festival' in Idaho. But not this year! The Pentagon says it cannot supply planes because the festival endorses religion. But to diminish spirituality by denying the good folks in Idaho a flyover is simply stupid, another example of secularists being disrespectful to people of faith.Here is their actual mission statement, right off the website they have for the festival.
To further explore President Obama's views on religion, The Factor welcomed radio talk show hosts Warren Ballentine and Leslie Marshall, both Obama supporters. "It's definitely a change from the former administration," Marshall said, "but I like it. I believe in separation of church and state and I did not elect Barack Obama for him to go to church, but for him to get the country back on track." Ballentine also took issue with the Talking Points Memo.
"It's dumb that you're making this argument, Bill. This president is purposely taking the position that he's not going to be connected with any religion, and the festival in Idaho is a religious event."
The Factor disputed Ballentine's assertion: "It's not a religious event, it's a 'God and Country Festival' and 'God' is on your money, Warren. You take it every week when you get paid! There's no reason on Earth that the Air Force can't fly over the festival."
The Mission of the God and Country Festival
Our mission is primarily about spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ. We believe this Festival, started in 1967, is an incredible tool to share this Good News by strengthening the fabric of our society through our connection to family and country.
We want to encourage believers everywhere to get out in their communities, not just to strengthen each other, but to encourage family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers to learn more about who Jesus Christ is and what He's done for each and every one of us.
To borrow a phrase from Michael Boerner of Mission Media, In order to witness to people, you have to do the following:
* Bless peopleThis, in a nutshell, is what the Treasure Valley God and Country Festival attempts to do. The stated purpose of the Festival is to meet the following goals:
* Fellowship with them
* Meet their needs
* Present the Truth
1. Develop a sense of community spirit in a relaxed, social atmosphere, making all citizens of the Treasure Valley feel welcome in friendship.We are attempting to meet steps one and two, to bless people and fellowship with them, through music, kids' activities, and teens' activities.
2. Present a safe, pleasing, and inspiring fireworks display to commemorate our country's independence.
3. Dedicate a significant portion of the program to emphasizee, particularly to young people, the precepts on which our country was founded: Individual rights, belief in God, a representative form of government guided by an assemblage of laws created by elected individuals, sanctity of human life, and all other rights outlined in the Constitution and its supporting documents.
4. Present the Good News of Jesus Christ in a clear and concise manner.
5. Avoid any pretense or appearance of a political rally.
6. Remind those who attend of their good fortune to live in a free society and also their responsibilities to maintain the freedoms which they enjoy.
After we have done that, we attempt to accomplish step three, to meet their needs, by promoting community activities such as "Communities in Action," and other organizations whose goal is to meet peoples' needs with a Christian heart.
At the end of the evening, we move to step four, presenting the Truth. Each year, we ensure that the message of the Gospel is presented, and information is provided for those who have heard and want to know more about Jesus Christ.
Now you know what their mission statement is, it's right there in black and white, yet O'Reilly claimed the festival has nothing to do with religion. Which is beyond insane, and crazy O'Reilly actually said he won the debate, yeah in his warped mind, but that's about it. Anyone who claims it is not a religious festival should be locked up in a rubber room with big men in white coats to watch over you.
To read the O'Reilly Sucks blog, and get more information about
Bill O'Reilly make sure to visit the home page: www.oreilly-sucks.com
Join online Pass4sure 300-115 and pass4sure to pass Actualtests C4090-455 in first try. Our best ccnp course pdf and Boston Conservatory tutorials guide you well for real exam.